Monday, February 14, 2011

Westminster Abbey

Yesterday we re-attempted to see the grave of Charles Darwin with whom my brother Anthony and I share our birthday.
Unfortunately we were too late for the sightseeing session, again, for which incidentally they want to extract £16 from you. Weather or not they would just let you visit the grave without paying I don't know, but, fortunately the afternoon choral service was about to start and is of course free to the faithful. So for my birthday as well as being able to visit the grave of the father of fact of evolution I was treated to some fantastic church chorus music in probably one of the most famous churches in the world. The sound was amazing inside the building the whole experience was quite medieval.
I had taken a picture of the grave but was asked to delete it, which I sadly did, but a miracle happened, by the power of the great lord God it was restored, I am sure it is a sign so I have reproduced it here for you to see.



Afterwards we met up with our friend Em who we met in Delhi and she showed us around a bit, then we went to a pie restaurant for dinner followed by an English beer in a 400 year old pub, the Lamb and Flag. Then a walk and another beer, so I guess it was a 2 beer pub crawl. Hmmm, must be getting old.

Also I can't believe it has been 12 months since leaving NIDS. So much has happened and still so far to go. I'm loving it being away, And at the same time I want to be home. Reminds me of a saying about cake and eating, hmm, eating. Ok time for lunch, ketch yourlye morla.


Westminster Abbey


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment