Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sunrise

We got up at 05:30 and visited the "dry reach inducer" or squat toilet without running water. With that out of the way we put on all the clothes we had brought up. It was freezing outside but thanks to merino undershirt and synthetic longjohns I was warm but Sharon still cold. In fact everyone seemed cold except for me. I even made several new friends that were amazed I wasn't wearing a jacket.
The sunrise was fantastic, see the pictures, nothing more need be said.
  We got the cablecar back to mid mountain where we walked up from yesterday and Sharon caught the bus down. I wanted to see the rest of the path so walked down. It took about 3 hours and I was slower than a tranquilized snail by the time I got back to the hostel but it was worth it. Now I have walked every step.

No comments:

Post a Comment