Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Singapore day 2

well rested. we set off on the MRT = mass rapid transit. went into orchard rd, it was ridiculous, shopping centre after shopping centre, name brand shops by the million, both sides of the road, we spent the whole day going from one centre to the next and only made it about 1/4 of the way down the street. I am so pleased we dont have room in our packs to buy stuff. I did however have to replace my thongs. one broke a strap. I bought a $10 pair and thought they were fine. about 5 hours later my feet were killing me, it was like i had been walking on concrete. i found some new soft foam rubber type ones for $15 and threw the others away, problem solved, i could walk again.

We went down to the harbourside tonight and looked out to Santosa island. There was a cruise ship docked there as well. Sharon also got new shoes here as the new thongs she got were also killing her feet. she may have blisters but i hope not as we will be moving hotel tomorrow and we will need to be able to walk with our packs on.

P6143075 P6143076 P6143077 P6143078

No comments:

Post a Comment